JULY 2020 (vol. 153)
Cucumber Soba Noodles with Shabu-Shabu Pork
Very refreshing, crunchy and delicious cold Soba noodle recipe idea ?
Shabu Shabu pork is very healthy and filling!
You can of course make it hot or spicy by adding your favorite condiments!
Number of servings: 3 servings
3 bundles of dried Soba noodles
2 Japanese cucumbers
210g (7.5oz.) thinly sliced pork (for Shabu-Shabu)
10 Shiso (Ooba) leaves
1 tbsp. sesame seeds
* 90ml Mentsuyu (Concentrated Soup Base)
* 1.5 tbsp. vinegar
* 1 tbsp. sesame oil
* you can add more of your favorite condiments to spice up to your taste
grape tomatoes to garnish
1. Cut cucumbers and Shiso leaves into thin strips then cool in the fridge until you use.
2. In a boiling water, put the pork slices and cook until no longer pink. Then drain well with a strainer.
3. Mix Mentsuyu, vinegar, and sesame oil to make the sauce. You can add more of your favorite condiments to spice up to your taste.
4. Cook Soba noodles according to your package. Drain, rinse several times in cold running water, cool in ice water, and drain well.
5. Put Soba noodles in a large bowl. Add cucumber strips, Shiso leaf strips, Shabu-Shabu-pork, sesame seeds, and more of your favorite vegetables and condiments if you like.
6. Serve in a dish, garnish with grape tomatoes, and pour some sauce to eat.