- Extra Firm Tofu
- BBQ Sauce
- A piece of nori seaweed
1. Slice tofu in half as shown.
2. Cut out tofu with a ginger man shaped cookie cutter.
3. Marinade tofu with BBQ sauce for about 30 mins. Then bake at 325F for about 20 mins or until brown.
4. Use nori seaweed to create eyes and mouth.
5. Branch broccoli florets and cut off little pieces as shown.
6. Arrange the broccoli pieces on rice to make a wreath shape.
7. Decorate as you like. (I used little rice crackers and miniature peppers)
Author of Japanese character bento blog, “Spice Up Your Life With a Taste of Japan” funbentobox.com. She has taught character bento classes at Whole Foods Market and Tokyo Central.