OCTOBER 2019 (vol. 146)
3-Ingredient Crème Caramel
EASIEST EVER Japanese Purin (Pudding)
Difficulty: Very Easy
Time: 30 mins + cooling time
Number of servings: 4 100ml Microwavable Glass Cups
3 tbsp. sugar
1. Mix all ingredients in a bowl.
2. Strain through a strainer into the cups.
3. Cover with aluminum foil.
4. Add water in the pan (about a half-inch across the bottom of the cups).
5. Cover the pan and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to low and cook for 10 min. Stop the heat (do not open the lid) and steam for 10 min. with the remaining heat.
6. If you need caramel, you can put it on top then put it in the fridge until cold.
Note: If you want to slip out the pudding, grease the cups with oil or butter.
Caramel recipe: Mix 2 tbsp. sugar and 2 tbsp. water in a saucepan by tilting the pan. Simmer until the sauce is browned. (Do not mix with a spoon or the sugar will recrystallize.) Add 1 tbsp. water to stop hardening.