- Mashed potatoes
- Curry power
- Cooked Rice
- Toppings of your choice
- Greens (ex, Spinach)
- 1 Egg white
- A piece of nori seaweed
1. Cook a fried egg white and cut into a square a shown.
2. Make mashed potatoes and add curry powder little by little until you get a nice yellow color.
3. Shape the mashed potato in plastic wrap to create a head, body, ears and arms.
4. Connect ears and head as shown.
5. Create a smaller head, body and ears to create a baby bear.
6. Place rice in a bento box and add toppings.
7. Cover the bottom half with greens and place the bears.
8. Put egg white blanket over the bears.
9. Create face parts by cutting a piece of seaweed and apply. Decorate the rest of bento as you like.
Author of Japanese character bento blog, “Spice Up Your Life With a Taste of Japan” funbentobox.com. She has taught character bento classes at Whole Foods Market and Tokyo Central.