- Mashed Potatoes
- 1 Boiled Egg
- A piece of nori seaweed
- 4 prices of frozen corn kernels
1. Form mashed potatoes into 2 small round balls. Add corn, cheese or vegetable inside if you’d like.
2. Cut a boiled egg as shown to create 2 egg shells.
3. Layer lettuce in a bento box.
4. Arrange the mashed potato balls in a box.
5. Create eyes with a piece of nori seaweed. Beak with corn.
Author of Japanese character bento blog, “Spice Up Your Life With a Taste of Japan” funbentobox.com. She has taught character bento classes at Whole Foods Market and Tokyo Central.