JULY 2022(vol. 177)
Fluffy Matcha Cupcakes with Red Bean Sauce
Chiffon-like fluffy Matcha cupcakes with red bean sauce. Perfect WAFU combination 😉
Instead of using a lot of sugar and butter, I used white chocolate. So the sweetness is very delicate and perfect for those who don’t have a sweet tooth!!!
Number of servings: 4 medium (2.4inches/6cm) muffin cups
* 60g (2.1oz.) Chopped White Chocolate
* 60ml Whipping Cream *room temperature
* 2 tbsp. Unsalted Butter *room temperature
2 Egg Yolks
1 tsp. Rum *optional
* 2 Egg Whites
* 1 tbsp. Sugar
* 3 tbsp. Cake flour
* 1 tbsp. Matcha powder
Anko (Adzuki Red Bean Paste)
1. Place A over hot water and mix until smooth. Remove, then mix in egg yolks and rum.
2. Place egg whites and sugar in a bowl, then beat with an electric mixer until stiff glossy peaks form, for about 4-7 minutes.
3. Add 1/3 of the Meringue (2.) in (1.) and mix well. Add the rest then mix for 7 or 8 times.
4. Sift in C and mix well with a spatula.
5. Preheat the oven to 356F (180C). Put the batter (4.) into the cups up to 50% full. Then spoon the Anko into the cups. Put the rest of the batter (4.) up to 80% full.
6. Bake in the oven at 356F (180C) for 15~18 minutes.
7. Place the cakes on a wire rack to cool completely. Dust with powdered sugar to finish.