SEPTEMBER 2022(vol. 179)
Juicy and Tender! Easiest Chashu / Char Siu (Japanese Ramen Pork) ever!
Easy for kids to eat 😋
We call any kind of pork slices on top of Ramen “Char Siu”. Usually braised and sometimes roasted. It is confusing 😅
Difficulty: VERY Easy
Number of servings: 2 servings
300g (10.5oz.) thinly sliced pork (for Shabu-Shabu)
* 2 tbsp. soy sauce
* 2 tbsp. Sake
* 1 tsp. sugar
* 1 clove grated garlic
* 1 tbsp. grated ginger
1/2 long onion
1. Season the pork with A. Slice the long onion diagonally.
2. Place the pork slices horizontally so that each slice overlaps the adjacent one.
3. Roll the pork into a chunk.
4. Place the pork chunk on 30cm (12inch) square parchment paper. Place the long onion slices on top and wrap with the parchment paper (see the video how).
5. Place it on a microwavable dish and microwave on high (700W) for 5 minutes.
6. Slice into 7mm (1/4 inch) pieces. Drizzle with the cooking liquid.