September 2021(vol. 167)
Kimutaku Gohan (Kimchi Takuan Rice)
Originated in Nagano prefecture in Japan. It is a very popular school lunch menu in Japan ?
Perfect rice dish to make Omurice (Omelette Rice) as well ❤️
Number of servings: 4 servings
- 600g (1.3lb.) Cooked Rice
- 200g (7oz.) Pork Slices
- 100g (3.5oz.) Napa Cabbage Kimchi
- 100g (3.5oz.) Takuan (yellow pickled Daikon radish)
- 1 tbsp. Soy Sauce
- 1 tsp. Sesame Oil
- 20g (0.7oz.) Chopped Green Onion
- Cut pork, kimchi, Takuan into small pieces.
- Heat sesame oil in a frying pan, cook pork until no longer pink. Add kimchi, Takuan, and green onions and cook until heated.
- Season with soy sauce. Add rice then mix well.